If you have any query we have not already answered please contact your local branch, or call us on 01603 626750.
- How often should I have an eye test?
Below 40 years of age we recommend you have an eye test at least once every two years. Over 40 you should have an eye test every year. If you have a history of eye disease in your family you should have one at least every year, or on the recommendation of your Optician. Children should be tested every year.
- What is involved in our eye examination?
Each eye test is unique to the client, however in general, as well as asking a few lifestyle related questions to establish daily strain on eyes or eye care routine, we will also test for the following:
- Vision quality, unaided and aided (with any spectacles or contacts you may use)
- Eye muscle performance and health
- Depth perception
- Visual field
- Colour vision (if required)
- Internal eye health
- Front of eye health – eye fluid pressure
We are able to use state of the art technology; including OCT scanning and we also offer a Dry Eye Examination.
- Do I need to know my prescription when visiting Dipple & Conway?
If you are already a customer we will be able to check your records. If you’re new to Dipple & Conway you’ll need to have an eye examination (unless you have a valid, in-date prescription from a qualified practitioner).
- Can I reschedule or cancel my eye test?
Yes – please contact your local branch to do so.
- What is an OCT scan?
For more information on our OCT scan click here.
- What is Dry Eye Syndrome?
For more information on our Dry Eye Clinic click here.
- Where is my nearest branch?
For more information on your nearest branch click here.
- Can I wear contact lenses?
Contact lenses can be a convenient choice for many people. Recent advances in lens design mean that contact lenses are comfortable, offer better vision and are more affordable. We offer a range of lenses to suit most of our clients.
- What are the benefits of contact lens?
Contact lenses are great for people who want freedom from wearing glasses and are looking for a more natural look. They are suitable for people of all ages who live an active lifestyle and are great for sports, dancing, driving and many other activities. You’re also able to wear any choice of non-prescription sunglasses with contact lenses.
- When can children start wearing contact lens?
It is possible for children to wear contact lenses from a young age, and they can provide them with more freedom to participate in activities at school and in every day lifestyle. If you think contact lenses might be a good fit for your child, come into store where one of our contact lens advisors will be able to assist further.
- Do I need a prescription to buy contact lens?
Yes. Contact lenses come in many designs and only an Optometrist or eye specialist is qualified to know, and recommend, which lens and prescription is right for you.
- Can I use my spectacle prescription to buy contact lens?
No. A contact lens prescription is different from a spectacle prescription.
- What type of lens do you have available?
We have a wide variety of lenses available, for more information about our range of contact lenses, click here.
- Can I get my contact lenses delivered to my home address?
****Answer has not been provided****
- How should I look after my contact lenses?
For more information about contact lens care, click here.
- How do I purchase a Gift Card?
You can purchase a gift card from any Dipple & Conway store.
- When do gift cards expire?
Gift cards are valid for a year.
- How much can I load onto a Dipple & Conway gift card?
- Where can gift cards be redeemed?
At any of our stores, for a list click here.
- What if I loose my gift card?
We cannot replace gift cards if lost, stolen or damaged as are subject to the terms and conditions on the card.
- Can I obtain a refund on my gift card?
Gift cards are non-refundable, once purchased they cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Where are your branches located?
For a list of our branches, click here.
- What brands do you stock?
For a full list of our brands, click here.
- Can you repair my glasses?
Yes, we are happy to offer a repair service for our customers, please visit us in store with the spectacles where we will be happy to have a look.
- Do you have different types of lenses?
Yes, we offer single vision lenses, varifocal lenses, bifocal lenses and transitions lenses.
- Do you have prescription sunglasses?
Yes, in most cases we will be able to fit prescription lenses in the glasses of your choice (although in small number of styles this may not be possible).
- Where is my nearest store?
For store information click here.
- What time are your branches open until?
For branch information click here.
- What is your refund policy?
We offer a full refund on damaged or faulty goods.
Only payment for spectacles or contact lenses, which are faulty or not to the correct specifications will be refunded in full. Charges for professional fees are not refundable under any circumstances. Sunglasses, once purchased, may not be returned, unless faulty or do not conform to their description. Goods requiring a refund must be returned to original branch of purchase. Refunds will not be given without proof of purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.