On 1st March its World Book Day! A chance to celebrate stories, authors and books, and dress –up as your favourite characters. We love nothing better than getting our spectacles stuck into a good read, but this year World Book Day will be extra exciting for the team at Dipple & Conway.
On 1st March, at the Millennium Library in The Forum, Norwich, we’ll unveil our GoGoHares! sculpture for the very first time; one of 50 beautifully painted Hares taking part in this year’s trail, organised by our friends at Break.
Now we can’t say too much, but we can reveal that our Hare is inspired by a much-loved literary world. And two young book-worms could play a starring role at our exciting launch.
How? By taking part in this competition.
Simply design a pair of book-themed spectacles, perhaps inspired by your favourite author, character or series of books. And send your designs to us by Tuesday 20th February.
Two winners will be picked, from two age categories (Under 8’s and 8-16). The winning artist will be asked to take on the honour of unveiling our Hare at the Millennium Library. Plus, they’ll win some fab book-themed goodies too.
So get designing! And good luck book-worms!
To find out more, download a spectacle template HERE and read the full terms & conditions, (see below).
Terms and conditions
Posted by Dipple Conway
- The competition is open for entries from 1st February 2018 and closes on 20th February 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
- Entries should be submitted by post or hand delivered to: GoGoHares! competition, Dipple & Conway, 19 Castle Street, Norwich, NR2 1PB or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please clearly write your full name and age, plus a name and contact telephone number for a parent or legal guardian, on the back of your entry
- The winning entries will be judged by a panel from Dipple & Conway. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The competition is not open to employees or relatives of employees of Dipple & Conway or Plain Speaking Agency
- Winners will be notified by Friday 23rd February 2018 – Dipple & Conway / Plain Speaking Agency will make contact with the winners via the phone number supplied with the competition entry
- The winners, and the parents / guardians of the winners, must agree to take part in associated publicity, and attend the Dipple & Conway Hare launch on 1st March 2018 at 3.30-5pm at the Millennium Library, Norwich. Winners must make their own transport arrangements.
- The winners’ parents / guardians agree for the winning children to participate in any and all advertising, promotion or other commercial activities relating to the competition and consents and agrees that their photograph, image likeness and voice may be used by Dipple & Conway in all related promotional activity without any rights of prior approval or inspection.
- The prize for each winner also includes book-themed prizes, worth up to £50. These are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be made available.
- Should the prize winner be unable to accept the prize or not respond to Dipple & Conway or the company’s representatives within five days of the notification date, Dipple & Conway reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- There are no cash alternatives: the prize must be accepted as offered, is non-transferable, subject to availability and cannot be exchanged. Products/prizes obtained through the promotion are not subject to refund or exchange.
- Dipple & Conway retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Dipple & Conway cannot accept any liability for any entries which are late, lost or incomplete.
- Dipple & Conway accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. Dipple & Conway further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
- Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will automatically render an entry void. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law.
- The winners and their parents / guardians agree to participate in any and all advertising, promotion or other commercial activities relating to the competition and consents and agrees that their photograph, image likeness and voice may be used by Dipple & Conway in all related promotional activity without any rights of prior approval or inspection.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.